I am fighting back against Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) with natural foods, stress reduction, and by embracing my inner flower child (making everything from scratch, and eating all those yummy natural foods)in addition to my medications. All of this is carefully balanced with my busy life as a homeschooling single mom of 2 boys, the exhaustion that RA brings, and a very limited budget. I would like to share my journey with you, so that it may benefit you as well, or give you a better understanding of what it is to fight this disease.

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Wow, it has been a long time. I am back!

Well, my goodness it has been a long time.  The best laid plans and all....

As I continue my journey, life has gotten in the way in almost every way imaginable.  Family, life, and health stress left no time for me.  Weeks ago, I again found myself at the "I need to do something before I completely unravel" point.  I am still trying to find balance between my family responsibilities and health needs, still trying to find the peace and happiness I have been needing for so long.

As I write this, I am studying an introductory herbal course, and considering a certificate program in herbalism.  I still believe I can find improved health and pain levels through natural means.

My latest fascination is with herbs, and more specifically, concocting my own herbal teas.  The more I study individual herbs and their uses for different body systems, the more I want to learn.

The starting point this time came in a book, "Infuse: Herbal teas to cleanse, nourish, and heal."  I have made several of the teas, with mostly success, and would like to learn how to concoct my own formulations.  The introductory course I am taking is through the Herbal Academy.com.

That is all for now, but I hope to find the time to devote to making this blog what I meant for it to be: a resource for healing inflammation naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment